Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree will not Authenticate correctly with BitBucket

kausten March 17, 2019

When I try to pull or push any repository from SourceTree (v3.1.1) to BitBucket I am getting failure due to "incorrect username or password"

I use "Global Authentication" for my Repositories and when I go into Authentication settings in SourceTree and "Refresh" password I get the green tick and all is good.

Can you please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Hi Keith,

Are you pushing to the right account? Can you double check that the credentials are correct by trying to log in to Bitbucket via the browser?

Alternatively, you can try pushing the changes from the command line and see if the credentials work or if you get any error message. If it works, that would mean Sourcetree is storing wrong credentials somewhere, in this case you could try wiping Sourcetree preferences.

I'd also suggest having a look at the Sourcetree logs in case there's any additional information there. 

Let us know how it goes!

Ana

kausten March 19, 2019

Ana;

I actually have resolved this now. I was/am pushing to the correct account.

This issue was that I needed to do an update on the GIT Embedded. Once I did this it resolved my issue.

Thanks for your reply.

Keith

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Glad you could solve it, Keith.

Have a good day!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events