SourceTree stops on 'Use an existing account'

After downloading the latest SourceTree and trying to install it, SourceTree will display a blank window and not display anything after a long time at 'Use an existing account'.   I have to kill this and attempt to delete all files associated with %LOCALAPPDATA% under SourceTree but this does nothing for the install it still displays a blank screen.  I attempted to run an old version (1.9) but i will not allow me to and still attempts to install the newest version which brings me back to the blank screen.  Any ideas of how to solve this ?  Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote

Below trick works for me :)

• Lower IE security:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option."

Thanks, that worked for me.

0 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Sep 27, 2017

Your best bet is trying to figure out why IE is blocking https://id.atlassian.com. There is also an issue logged for it, SRCTREEWIN-7949, check it out and also add yourself as a watcher in case there is a workaround or a fix for it.

but this not helped me to solve same issue

??? any more solution???

@Ali Raza What IE version are you on? You need to be on a supported version, I would upgrade to IE 11 if you do not already have that installed.

My machine is Windows 7 with IE 11.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

732 views 10 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you