Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree stops on 'Use an existing account'

Deleted user September 27, 2017

After downloading the latest SourceTree and trying to install it, SourceTree will display a blank window and not display anything after a long time at 'Use an existing account'.   I have to kill this and attempt to delete all files associated with %LOCALAPPDATA% under SourceTree but this does nothing for the install it still displays a blank screen.  I attempted to run an old version (1.9) but i will not allow me to and still attempts to install the newest version which brings me back to the blank screen.  Any ideas of how to solve this ?  Thanks.

5 answers

1 vote
rajpalmajoka December 27, 2017

Below trick works for me :)

• Lower IE security:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option."

Andrew Sparks February 16, 2018

Thanks, that worked for me.

0 votes
Pravin GPIT January 22, 2019

I also try windows 10 machine still not working

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

@Pravin GPIT As mentioned above, you need to figure out why IE cannot access https://id.atlassian.com. Also have a look at SRCTREEWIN-7910 which is linked in the issue I mentioned above. It has some workarounds that may work for you.

0 votes
Pravin GPIT January 22, 2019

My machine is Windows 7 with IE 11.

1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again           these steps is not working in my machine 
Ali Raza October 10, 2017

but this not helped me to solve same issue

??? any more solution???

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

@Ali Raza What IE version are you on? You need to be on a supported version, I would upgrade to IE 11 if you do not already have that installed.

Deleted user October 10, 2017

My machine is Windows 7 with IE 11.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2017

Your best bet is trying to figure out why IE is blocking https://id.atlassian.com. There is also an issue logged for it, SRCTREEWIN-7949, check it out and also add yourself as a watcher in case there is a workaround or a fix for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events