Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree "Log Selected" doesn't work on files in Git-LFS

ferretnt April 17, 2018

Selecting a file that is stored in Git-LFS in sourcetree, then right-clicking and selecting "Log Selected" gives the error: 

"Potential security issue detected in the specified URL."

"Sourcetree determined this URL is in an unsupported format."

Log Selected has always worked (and still works, for non-LFS files) fairly reliably. I've repro'd this on SourceTree 2.7.1 Mac with multiple different repos. Don't have my Windows box handy to verify on Windows. Is this a bug, and if so is there a way to file a proper bug report? 

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hi ferretnt,

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please file a ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE with details (or vote/comment on an existing one) and include details about the file's path in the repo. Based on that we'll be able to determine what's going on. If it's a sensitive URL indicate that and we'll work with you to isolate it in another way.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

ferretnt April 19, 2018

OK, I think I've created a new issue SRCTREE-5617. I couldn't find a corresponding existing one. 

I can't give any further details about what exactly the "sensitive URL is" or why sourcetree thinks it's sensitive, because it shouldn't actually be sensitive, and I think that error, which is the only error sourcetree gives, is inaccurate. The actual error should probably say "Git log for files in LFS doesn't currently work." 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events