Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree on Mac can't remember passwords

Peter Pebler May 8, 2019

I'm accessing a remote Mercurial repository over https using SourceTree on Mac. SourceTree is set to use the system mercurial (5.0).

Any time I access the repository, SourceTree prompts me for the password repeatedly. Although I have "Store Password in Keychain" checked, this apparently doesn't happen.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 5.15.44 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Bousquet May 21, 2020

@bgannin Bumping this issue, as it still happening for helixteamhub.cloud in 4.0.1 (234), nearly one full year later.
The fact that just for pulling, it asks the password twice is a very big UX friction.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hi @Peter Pebler,

Unfortunately I don't have an immediate answer to solve this problem. There are some underlying issues due to the complexity in the app's various authentication layers and the architecture as a whole is going to be revisited in a future release to definitively resolve issues such as the one you're encountering. Our apologies for the inconvenience, we appreciate your patience.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Dimo Dzhurenov August 4, 2019

Is this issue fixed? I'm still getting this type of issue with v3.1.2

It's really annoying that I need to re-authenticate both my GitLab and GitHub accounts each time I re-open Sourcetree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events