SourceTree not starting - White Box

Keith Linfoot July 3, 2018

Since the last major Windows 10 update, my SourceTree fails to load. I just get a long rectangular white box appearing with nothing in it.  It's obviously still got all the controls on it, since if I click in places I get the context menus up etc, and I can click the top right corner to close the window down.

I've tried uninstalling SourceTree completely and reinstalling, but still does the same.  I've now rolled Windows 10 back to before the update and SourceTree works fine.

Any ideas on a solution for this?   TIA

1 answer

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2018

HI

We've not seen that, but thanks for reporting it.

Can you confirm the actual Windows version numbers are that work and don't work?

Thanks

Keith Linfoot July 4, 2018

Hi Michael

This is the version of Windows 10 I rolled back to:

image.png

In which SourceTree works.  I'm just in the process of doing the Windows updates to get back to the state where it doesn't work and will post up the build version once that's done.

Here's a note of the updates it's currently installing for Windows:

image (1).png

Keith Linfoot July 4, 2018

Okay, well that's my laptop back up to date with Windows 10 updates and SourceTree is working fine this time.  So possibly another update was pushed between rolling back and re-applying the updates fixed the issue, or just rolling back and re-applying updates fixed a bad update install.  Anyway, I'm happy now that SourceTree is working again :_)

image.png

andydent August 3, 2018

Same here with Windows 10 Pro Build 18.0.3 on a Surface Pro (5)

Just tried removing (via Programs control panel) and running latest SourceTree installer 2.6.10 and the Installer does the same thing

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

Thanks for the additional information. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-1803 We will review.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events