SourceTree for windows update to 2.0.20.1 fails with a 404 Edited

When I start SourceTree 2.0.19.0.1 it prompts to install the new 2.0.20.1, but then comes back saying "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

There's nothing useful in the log, not even the URL it was trying to use.

Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea how to diagnose it?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Mark! Were you able to replicate this across a different networks? Let us know if you get the same error and which version of Windows are you using so I can share this with the developers. In the meantime, you can try downloading the file from our site.

Regards,

Ana

Hi Ana.

Sorry, no. I only run source SourceTree for Window on a single PC. It's on Windows 7 Enterprise.

I tried looking at the access with Fiddler but all I see is a successful https connection - it looks like the actual download is tunnelled through it.

I'll use the direct link.

Hi Mark, just checking if you were able to install the update or do you still need our assistance.

Regards,

Ana

Thanks Ana,

It installed ok if I manually downloaded the installer.

Thanks for your confirmation, Mark. Looks like your issue could be related to this one. Our developers are already looking into it.

Have a good day!

Ana

A note to Atlassian that this problem occurs with every update since (I just got the problem going from 2.1.2.4 to 2.1.2.5).

I suspect it relates to my organisation's (zscalar) firewall.

I can install manually, so it's not a big deal. But if anyone from Atlassian would like me to help diagnose it, let me know here.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

549 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you