SourceTree for windows update to 2.0.20.1 fails with a 404

Mark Wright May 9, 2017

When I start SourceTree 2.0.19.0.1 it prompts to install the new 2.0.20.1, but then comes back saying "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

There's nothing useful in the log, not even the URL it was trying to use.

Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea how to diagnose it?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2017

Hi Mark! Were you able to replicate this across a different networks? Let us know if you get the same error and which version of Windows are you using so I can share this with the developers. In the meantime, you can try downloading the file from our site.

Regards,

Ana

Mark Wright May 10, 2017

Hi Ana.

Sorry, no. I only run source SourceTree for Window on a single PC. It's on Windows 7 Enterprise.

I tried looking at the access with Fiddler but all I see is a successful https connection - it looks like the actual download is tunnelled through it.

I'll use the direct link.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

Hi Mark, just checking if you were able to install the update or do you still need our assistance.

Regards,

Ana

Mark Wright May 15, 2017

Thanks Ana,

It installed ok if I manually downloaded the installer.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2017

Thanks for your confirmation, Mark. Looks like your issue could be related to this one. Our developers are already looking into it.

Have a good day!

Ana

Mark Wright June 15, 2017

A note to Atlassian that this problem occurs with every update since (I just got the problem going from 2.1.2.4 to 2.1.2.5).

I suspect it relates to my organisation's (zscalar) firewall.

I can install manually, so it's not a big deal. But if anyone from Atlassian would like me to help diagnose it, let me know here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events