Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree doesn't launch when clicking "Check out in SourceTree" from BitBucket

Deleted user May 11, 2017

Hi,

I reinstalled SourceTree following the recent security advisory email alert, but now it does not launch when I click the "Check out in SourceTree" button within BitBucket.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Baz

9 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2017

Hi everyone! This was identified as a bug and was reported at SRCTREEWIN-7209. Please watch that ticket so you're notified of future updates. In the meantime, you can try the workaround explained in one of the comments:

1. Open Tools > Options > General
  2. Uncheck Use this version of SourceTree for URI association
  3. Check Use this version of SourceTree for URI association

Let me know if this works for you :)

Cheers,

Ana

Deleted user May 16, 2017

Excellent, thanks! That works for me!

UPDATE! 

It only works if SourceTree is already open. With the 1.9 version, it would also launch the app too

Thanks

Baz

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2017

Thanks for the update, Barry. I've added that information as an internal comment in the bug report. 

Benjamin Fernandez May 17, 2017

Posted Workaround doesn't works for me, I have to copy and paste the command manually in order to check out branches.

Carl Poirier June 6, 2017

This worked for me.  Thanks!

Benjamin Fernandez August 14, 2017

Still not working in 2.1.10.0.

Benjamin Fernandez September 11, 2017

Still not working in 2.3.1.0

MsWebGirl September 15, 2017

Still not work for me in 2.3.1.0 either.

scott lee August 30, 2018

Ana, I always come to this site when I have this problem. Thanks again. your solution works lovely.

DAVID RODRIGUEZ RINCON December 12, 2018

This fixed the issue when this was broken with the release of major release 2.0. 

Unfortunately with the release of versin 3.0 this happened again, but this time I cannot find the option fo relate the URI with the app version.

macOs High Sierra (10.13.6) with Sourcetree 3.0.1

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Like Chad Cook likes this
Chad Cook December 17, 2018

Yep same issue here

Jannis Raiber January 11, 2019

It is fixed for 3.x in the beta from 20th Dec 👏

You can get the Beta here:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/sourcetree-betas/downloads/

4 votes
Muh_Rahmatullah November 6, 2018

I was using sourcetree version 3.0.0 when I tried to clone a repository from bitbucket it open sourctree app but didn't gave the windows to clone the repository it only open the first window. So I tried to downgrade to version 2.7.4 and now it works.

Jannis Raiber November 6, 2018

I can confirm the issue using Version 3.0 (200) on macOS. 

okasonhitech November 7, 2018

Its not working for me on version 3.0.0. on macOS. Did you change anything else to get it to work?

Muh_Rahmatullah November 7, 2018

@Val as I mentioned in my answer, I downgraded to version 2.7.4 and now it works. You basically need to uninstall the version 3.0 and install version 2.7.4

Nick Murray November 21, 2018

Same issue, source tree 3.0.1 on OSX Mojave - downgrading sucks, how this crap gets through your QA is shocking

Like Maxim Putilin likes this
Daniel Schulz November 21, 2018

Same issue, source tree 3.0.1 on OSX Mojave - also do not want to downgrade.

M Fahima Hanifa November 29, 2018

same here with source tree 3.0.1 on OSX Mojave

Happy New Year,

I still face the issue.  😕

Sourcetree 3.0.1(205) on Mac!

Is finally fixed in the beta from 20th Dec 👏

M Fahima Hanifa January 17, 2019

@Jannis Raiber It works! thanks a lot

Weston Gentry March 7, 2019

I was able to get it working in Mojave by adding SourceTree to the list of apps that can "control your computer" in System Preferences. You'll have to use the unlock icon in the bottom left first.Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 9.12.12 AM.png

1 vote
frankcastroprimoy January 25, 2019

Issue is still here on 3.0.1 (205)

Jannis Raiber January 25, 2019

It is fixed in 3.1 beta...

Like Steve Forbes likes this
1 vote
guglielmo paoletti November 26, 2018

same problem on mac

sourcetree: 3.0.1

guglielmo paoletti November 26, 2018

ps it was working on el cap with sourcetree version 2.7.6

Is finally fixed in the beta from 20th Dec 👏

0 votes
Deleted user April 26, 2018

It works.I am using source tree Version 2.5.50

The URL on the popup form that comes up when I click on the website is:

https://Dylan72@bitbucket.org/...

Whereas the one in SourceTree settings for my repo is:

https://dylan72@bitbucket.org/...

So I changed the setting in Sourcetree, and presto everything immediately started working again.

Thanks to Dylan Tusler

0 votes
Dylan_Tusler March 5, 2018

I've been having trouble with this for months and months but the most recent version of Sourcetree ate least gives me options instead of failing to open.

When i click the link from the website, Sourcetree asks me to create a new clone of the repo. Since I already have one, I assume that there is some confusion between the repo url on the website vs the url of my local repo.

So I compared the two URLs and the only difference was a casing one.

The url on the popup form that comes up when I click from the website is:

https://Dylan72@bitbucket.org/...

Whereas the one in SourceTree settings for my repo is:

https://dylan72@bitbucket.org/...

So I changed the setting in Sourcetree, and presto everything immediately started working again.

This has been driving me crazy for close to a year. And it was a case issue.

Benjamin Fernandez March 6, 2018

Incredible!

You solved my problem!!!

Thank you!

Now Attlasian will know how to fix it, all they have to do is don't use that Upper case at the beginning of the email.

0 votes
Benjamin Fernandez June 16, 2017

This issue continues on version 2.1.2.5

0 votes
vivek v May 25, 2017

i too have same issue but i can clone a whole repositiory but if i check out the same thing it does not pop-up the source tree 

this issue happening after i installing new source tree version 2.0.20.1 on windows 7

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2017

Hi Baz, do you have a local clone of the parent repository in SourceTree already? Keep in mind this is a requirement as explained at Check out a branch into a local repository. Does this happen with a specific branch, or with all of them?

Apart from that, can you confirm if SourceTree Launches when you try to open it manually?

If you're still having issues, let us know which version of MAc OS or Windows are you using so we can dig deeper into this.

Cheers!

Ana

Deleted user May 11, 2017

Hi Ana,

Yes, SourceTree does launch, and I can use all of the functionality, such as cloning locally and everything else.

The only thing that doesn't work any more is its association with Chrome, when the "Check out in SourceTree" link is clicked within BitBucket

Check out in SourceTree.png

I'm running this on Windows 8.1

Thanks

Baz

Kalvin_Tuel May 12, 2017

Everyone on my team is having the same issue. I would love to have a fix for this too.

I'm using Windows 7

Sourcetree Version 2.0.20.1

Benjamin Fernandez May 15, 2017

Same issue for my whole team (different computers) these issue begun the past week (version 2.0.20.1)

Some developers I know aren't having this issue, they use a 2.1 version, but we don't know where they get it.

I am using Windows 10 and Chrome.

Just to confirm... this issue started as soon as I installed Sourcetree Version 2.0.20.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events