SourceTree crash

Howard Kong March 16, 2012

I was doing a branch on a Hg local repository, and SourceTree crashed. I now no longer can use SourceTree. Everytime I open it, it opens my previous windows, including the one that contained the repository I was doing the branching in, and then it crashes again. Most of the time I get the "restore windows" dialog, but it doesn't matter which button I press, it always opens all the windows and then crash.

PLEASE HELP!!! I GOT a project due Monday morning!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Howard Kong March 16, 2012

I ended up deleting the old SourceTree from Applications folder, and then reinstalling the latest version from atlassian website, and I'm able to get in now. This is really the first and only time SourceTree has failed me in the 6 months I've been using it. It's been very stable, and I've come to rely on it completely. Good to know that an old trick worked to resolve the problem.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Sorry to hear about this, and for the delay (you just missed me before the weekend). Crashes are thankfully very rare, can you post the crash reports so I can investigate? You can find them in Console.app under User Diagnostic Reports, labelled SourceTree_datetime.crash

Nguyen Huu Bao Trung July 8, 2014

I just experienced the same issue. SourceTree crashed on me when I tried to branch from default with a repo on network drive. Since then SourceTree has been crashing everytime I open it, even though I removed the repo bookmark.

I have included the log file that SourceTree told me to send. Please have a look. Meanwhile I will try to reinstall SourceTree to see if there's any luck.

0 votes
Nguyen Huu Bao Trung July 8, 2014

(sourcetree.log)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events