Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree WIN 3.0.8 forgets external diff tool selection on restart

David R. Cattley November 5, 2018

It seems every time I restart SourceTree it now forgets the path to  P4Merge selected as the External Diff Tool.   

Oddly it remembers the path to P4Merge as the External Merge Tool.

So specifically, the drop-down selection continues to show P4Merge selected as the Diff Tool but the Diff Command is blank on startup.   Selecting another (or none) External Diff Tool then re-selecting P4Merge corrects the value in Diff Command and after hitting OK to close the settings dialog the tool works as expected.

Close and re-open SourceTree and the settings are once again whacked.

This seems to have started happening about 3.0.6 but continues with 3.0.8 (not sure about the onset version).   But none the less, this was all fine until some upgrade somewhere along the way and not it is PITA to go and re-select the DIFF Tool every time I start SourceTree so that it will do a diff as I expect.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2018

Hi

Yes this is a bug I'm afraid we a have a fix currently going through testing

Jamie Brost January 17, 2019

What version of SourceTree Enterprise will include this fix?

cowlinator April 22, 2019

@Michael Minnis , no really, What version of SourceTree Enterprise will include this fix?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

It should be fixed in 3.1.2.

0 votes
David R. Cattley January 17, 2019

This appears to have been fixed in 3.0.15.   Thanks.

David Kossatz January 17, 2019

Lucky you.  Just installed 3.0.15, set merge/diff tool as P4Merge, open/closed the application and it's no longer set.  I have to open options and hit Ok for it to re-set the setting.

Was there an existing JIRA I can follow or re-open?

Like cowlinator likes this
David R. Cattley January 17, 2019

I don't have a STRCTREE-* JIRA ticket to reference.

>Lucky you

I guess so.   <sigh>

I have come to expect three things broken for every two fixed from release to release of ST ...

David Kossatz January 17, 2019

Agreed.  In my case, at least the Window maximizing issue was fixed.

I found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-10903 and Michael commented that it should be fixed in 3.0.18 so I'll wait for that release to see.

cowlinator February 14, 2019

Bug exists in 3.0.17.2659 .

Workaround is to manually set up the diff command in "options->diff->external diff" as a "Custom" command (use copy-paste), then SourceTree wont forget it.

cowlinator April 22, 2019

Well, at some point the "custom" command stopped actually opening p4merge for me.  Still using 3.0.17.2659 so I'm not sure what happened.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events