SourceTree| Pulls/Push Timeout/Fail until Pull completed from another tool

This is a strange but recurring issue for my team. We are all using SourceTree to access a remote Git server hosted in Bonobo on VM in our data center. It generally works great.  However, every once in a while an issue will occur where all pulls and pushes timeout/fail.  The effect seems contagious as it will start with one machine but spread. 

The stranger part is the fix.  If I perform a pull action through Visual Studio or another tool, it will then fix Pull/Pushing through SourceTree.  Any ideas?

2 answers

Are the other tools pulling on behalf of the same local repository, or just the same remote? When the issue occurs, I would recommend going to the command line. Start by testing the git command line client with the exact command that is logged in SourceTree, then gradually remove any unnecessary pieces to see if you can narrow down a particular option that may be related to the problem.

Will do. Thanks for the idea.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

273 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot