SourceTree No Longer opens on Windows 10

Eric Klein November 7, 2017

I have been running sourcetree for about a month now and all of a sudden it no longer opens for me.  We had one user that always has to run it as admin and I tried that and still will not open.  I tried deleting it and then removing the files from user\appdata\altassian and sourcetree and then re installing but the install seems to just show a splash screen, then the shortcut appears. CLick on the short cut and the same thing nothing happens.  I get a quick loading circle and then nothing.  When I go the the folders I can see it has created the folders again but it appears to be missing an executable.  Is there any way to to a true removal so it will install from scratch?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

The install consist of 3 different folders, the one you deleted has all the settings. If you remove user\appdata\local\atlassian, user\appdata\local\sourcetree and user\appdata\local\squirreltemp you will have a true removal and be ready for a clean install.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events