SourceTree - Hosted Repositories - Content-Type Error

Hi everyone,

Whenever I add a repository to my hosted list I get the following error when the dialog is saved and the list of hosted repositories is displayed.

--

'Content-Type' is an unexpected token. The expected token is "" or "'. Line2, Position 18.

--

Tried numerous repositories that should work, uninstalling/installing etc. Without any repositories the error disappeares.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ryan

--

I'm on a Windows 8 machine.

3 answers

Is this for Windows or Mac?

I'm having the same problem from a Windows 8 machine, yet no probelm from a Windows 7 machine. Both are behind a proxy server that requires authentication if that helps with suggestions?

I'm also having a similar problem on Windows Server 2008 R2. In my case, this error occurs when setting up my Bitbucket account upon initial install of SourceTree.

The computer is behind a proxy server (no authentication required).

Screenshot attached. Please let me know if you'd like any further info.

Sorry, my bad. I'd accidentally configured Internet Options control panel with our proxy server that does require authentication. I've corrected that and it's now working.

It would appear that SourceTree doesn't prompt for proxy credentials upon an HTTP 407 response. Instead, it displays an error message, as above.

The authentication-required proxy server would only work when I explicitly set custom proxy server and credentials in SourceTree > Tools > Options > Network.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot