It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree Categorize Branches

David M Aug 12, 2013

Is there a way such that within sourcetree, you can categorize your branches of a git repository? I would like to be able to right click on a branch and mark it as important, awaiting pull request, or something similar. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you for your help, David

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

You can name your branches in a folder structure-like format and they appear as folders in SourceTree. For example you could name it as features/issue_1539 and SourceTree will display 'features' as a folder. Currently we don't categorise branches though with a tag-like format, but you could always file a feature request over at jira.atlassian.com (project SRCTREE for Mac, SRCTREEWIN for Windows).

Hope that helps

David M Aug 18, 2013

Thank you for your advise, I will file a feature request.

Kalin Milislavov Jun 04, 2015

Thanks for your shared knowledge!

0 votes
Johannes Kilian Aug 12, 2013

I don't think this is possible .... haven't seen anything like this yet within GUI.

Perhaps setting a temporary local git-tag to indicate those things might be a not-so-ideal solution ...

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

465 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you