Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree of ‘loss of privacy’

sameer135 July 13, 2015

Hi there,

Our Enterprise have purchased Atlassian STASH , now when we want to use Source Tree our company legal department is block the user of Source Tree stating that Source Tree does not licensor expressly disclaims its liability  on ‘loss of privacy’ .

Therefore need to know how do get Source Tree through legal barriers. Any Suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sameer Ahmed.S

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2015

I think you need to explain which part they are having a problem with (and, as Atlassian's T&Cs are not really very different from a lot of other software, why they have a problem with it when they don't with other software you may be using)

SAMEER AHMED July 15, 2015

They are having problem with the possibility of infringement risk as Source Tree does not express the privacy of data rather source Tree claims no liability on loss of privacy.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2015

If I understand correctly, that's completely standard in ALL software. It basically means "if you use the software to breach someone's privacy rights, we can't be held responsible". It's a bit like blaming the manufacturer of a car because someone ran you over. I think you need to re-read the terms again, but it might also help if you pointed us explicitly at the section of the terms and conditions that you're struggling with. Because I may be reading the wrong bit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events