Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Source Tree Install

Hello,

I have tried to install sourcetree multiple time without any success. The issue is that every time I get to the account portion, I click use an existing account, then I enter in my credentials, and it then gives me a login in error. I've changed my password already since then, I've confirmed a new password works and have logged into Atlassian manually with that password. So for some reason, it seems Source Tree isn't being passed my proper credentials when trying to install. Can you please provide assistance in getting this installed?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2018

Hello! I suggest trying the new 3.0 release that allows you to login via Bitbucket via oauth in your browser. You can find the new version here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

78,685 views 134 29
Read article

Atlassian Community Events