Possible to customise window title on macOS?

Andreas Öhren November 9, 2018

I was wondering if it's possible to display some more disambiguating window titles in the main window for a repo? E.g. the Names/Of/Repository/Groups/RepoName, or perhaps just the file system path to the repo.

Of course, it wouldn't be unreasonable to only do this if there are more than one repo bookmark with the same name.

The workaround is of course to rename the bookmarks, but all the necessary info is already in the names of the Repository Groups, so I thought I'd check.

Perhaps this is too much of an edge case to be a good feature. I just found myself comparing repos to their backups and having a hard time orienting myself.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hi Andreas,

There are a few existing options to disambiguate:

1. as you noted, give the bookmarks distinct names and that's what's shown for the title

2. Cmd+clicking on a titlebar (the icon + text part) will show a popup of the folder path

We don't currently have any plans for changes around this but you can vote on an existing ticket or file a new one via our public tracker.

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Andreas Öhren November 13, 2018

Thanks for the explanation and tips!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events