PortableGit.7z cannot open file as archive

Vishnu Tupe June 29, 2017

I am trying to install sourcetree on my office machine however getting an error that unable to extract C:....~\PortableGit.7z 

Please check your sourcetree options.

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'downloads.atlassian.com'

any pointers/help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Vishnu Tupe July 10, 2017

Hi All,

I was able to fix the issue by first installing GiT 2.11.0 on my machine and then using option from Tools -> Options -> Git -> Enable Git support

and it worked for me..

seems Installation was not able to download and install Git on my machine due to office policy.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Vishnu Tupe

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Hi Vishnu, we had a bug filed about it at SRCTREEWIN-6890. Can you try if any of the suggestions there helps you?

If not, could you try re-running the process immediately after a rebooting your computer? It could be that one of the files in the target folder was already in use (git.exe, ssh-agent.exe, sh.exe)

Lastly, don't forget to provide which version of SourceTree and OS are you using.

Best regards,

Ana

Vishnu Tupe July 5, 2017

Thanks Ana for the pointers Tried some ways like un-installing and re-running, moving SquirrelTemp to diff location however didn't work out

The sourcetree version I am installing is 2.1.2.5 and OS version is windows 10 enterprise 64 bit.

Let me know if any more inputs. Thanks again.

Regards,

Vishnu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events