It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moved local repository

Dylan Anderson Nov 09, 2012

Hi all,

I have moved the directory where my local files are stored for one of my projects. How do I tell SourceTree that the files it should be comparing to the remote repository files, are now in a different folder?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
vishwajeet singh Nov 09, 2012

You can simply add a new working copy since remote info is stored in the repository itself it should work automatically.

Dylan Anderson Nov 11, 2012

This worked, thanks. Obvious after the fact.

6 votes
Steve Streeting Nov 11, 2012

Just double-click on the bookmark to open it as usual (it should be labelled with 'Repository moved or deleted'), and select the option to re-locate the repo.

Dylan Anderson Nov 11, 2012

The directory hasn't moved, I've just moved my project files out of the directory.

I used to have the project files in the root of my local Apache installation. I have since moved the project files to a subdirectory of that root. So the directory still exists, just with none of the project files in it. Thus, the repository isn't labelled with "Repository moved or deleted".

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

1,891 views 14 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you