Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved local repository

Dylan Anderson November 9, 2012

Hi all,

I have moved the directory where my local files are stored for one of my projects. How do I tell SourceTree that the files it should be comparing to the remote repository files, are now in a different folder?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

You can simply add a new working copy since remote info is stored in the repository itself it should work automatically.

Dylan Anderson November 11, 2012

This worked, thanks. Obvious after the fact.

6 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Just double-click on the bookmark to open it as usual (it should be labelled with 'Repository moved or deleted'), and select the option to re-locate the repo.

Dylan Anderson November 11, 2012

The directory hasn't moved, I've just moved my project files out of the directory.

I used to have the project files in the root of my local Apache installation. I have since moved the project files to a subdirectory of that root. So the directory still exists, just with none of the project files in it. Thus, the repository isn't labelled with "Repository moved or deleted".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events