Is there an option to turn on alternate commit row colours in SourceTree 2.1?

Ohifriend December 16, 2015

Before Updating to SourceTree 2.1, the main window of commits (seen below, a pic of the new window) used to have a light grey background for alternating rows. Ive had a look through the preferences and stuff but can't see an option to bring it back. I actually like the new UI changes and it's still usable as is, but those alternating colours can be useful sometimes. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 9.29.39 PM.png

6 answers

6 votes
Tenzian December 17, 2015

I also miss the old display - the new plain version makes the list of commits much harder to skim read.

4 votes
Joachim Deelen January 5, 2016

Reading large tables with plain background color is very painful. Please add an Option to the Preferences to turn on alternating row colors. Please!!

2 votes
Joe Rickerby January 26, 2016

Agreed, it's is getting tricky to read. Worth noting that iTunes has ditched the blue alternate rows for light grey, which has the same effect while still looking less Aqua (old-fashoned).

Image 2016-01-26 at 5.46.30 pm.png

2 votes
Michael McLawhorn January 21, 2016

Please restore the alternating colors or provide an preference to do so.

1 vote
Richard Heard June 3, 2016

I would also like to see this re-added. 

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

The new design is solidified across Atlassian products and is well-established at this point. We aren't going to add additional UI complexity and variations, we are actively trying to go in the opposite direction. Please file or comment and vote on a ticket here for us to gauge interest: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Isaac Wankerl August 8, 2017

Here's the ticket I found that can be voted on.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3332

Ohifriend August 8, 2017

Thanks, done!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events