Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a repository?

Amir Sahib May 14, 2017

I am using the latest version of Sourcetree on Windows (the one without the list of repos on the left side).  I can't find out how to delete a repository.  I use to right click on the repo on the left list and delete it but now that list is gone in the new version. So what is the correct way to delete a repo using Sourcetree?

4 answers

4 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

Hi

In the 'New' tab, accessed via the +, you can open the Local list of repositories or bookmarks. You can then right-click and use the context menu to remove any bookmarks you want.

Jon Wilson May 8, 2018

That's horrific UX! The fact we both needed to search to find out how to do something as simple as removing a repo means it's bad design, surely?

Like # people like this
Richard Jennings July 11, 2018

I kinda' agree. 

Like # people like this
stuart_fraser December 10, 2018

It does feel that this is a decision that should never have been made.

Like Диди likes this
Andrew Dunford November 15, 2019

Remarkable piece of user interface design, that I should delete a local repository via the '+' button. Spent a good 10 minutes looking before finding this thread.

Like Диди likes this
Stephanie Stowe August 10, 2021

It is something of a relief to me that I am not the only one who could not find this.

Paul Dennis January 25, 2022

I also wasted lot of time trying to work out how to delete repository or simply get to a list. The whole management of repositories and user accounts is broken in source tree it's appalling. To have to click on the new tab to get a list of your repositories is such astonishingly poor design someone should be fired.

1 vote
Roy Ramos January 11, 2022

2022 and still ugly UX

1 vote
Tole July 15, 2018

Having the left panel on the side before was much better. I have no idea why they would change that. That's a bad design. 

0 votes
jagarciauceda February 6, 2019

We are on 2019 and still is like that. Man, it is horrible! is Atlassiana company?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events