Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register SourceTree on Mac OS X?

Deleted user September 17, 2015

Hello,

I've just started using SourceTree. I've been using it both on a PC and on a MacBook Pro. Now I want to register it in order to go on working with it. I created my Atlassian account and registered the Windows release of SourceTree without any problem. I cannot register the Mac OS X release of the software since it keep on saying "License Retrieval Failed: Bad credentials". I tried many times to re-enter all the information, but nothing changes. I tried also to type an incorrect password, in order to understand if that was the problem, but with an incorrect password also the error message changed, obviously telling me that the password was incorrect.

I've also found that if I try to login to Atlassian website using Safari, I'm given this message: "No CSRF token found in headers". If I try to login using Firefox, everything works fine.

Any hints?

Thank you for your support

Pietro

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2015

Hi Pietro!

As a workaround, could you download SourceTree's license under your My Atlassian account, and import in SourceTree following the below steps?

1. Login to your My Atlassian account and expand the box for SourceTree's license;
    download_sourcetree_license.png
  2. After downloading the file, go to SourceTree and navigate to SourceTree > Registration... on your Mac's menu bar;
    sourcetree_registration.png
  3. On the window that pops-up, click Import License... and navigate to the file you downloaded from My Atlassian;
    sourcetree_import_license.png

Regarding the problem with Safari, could you clean the website data stored on it and then try logging in to the My Atlassian website? This problem is probably happening due to stuck cookies on the browser that are sending out the wrong token for authentication.

clear_data_safari.png

--
Cheers!

Joao 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events