How to prevent tabs from reloading when switching tabs?

James Spielvogel June 6, 2018

I was running version 2.3.5 of SourceTree, then I went to options/update from within SourceTree and updated to 2.6.3 (Windows).

Now, every time I click on a different repository tab, it clears the graph and tries to reload everything.  It used to preserve the contents of the tab so I could switch between tabs quickly.

Now, the program is unusable. If I switch between tabs, it just accumulates more load operations resulting in waits of upwards of 20-30 seconds to view anything.  Is there a setting to turn this auto-reload behavior off when switching tabs?  I noticed the behavior persisted after downgrading as well, so I figured it might be some kind of configuration setting tripped on by the new version, but I cannot find any setting that seems to control it.

Also note that the settings toolbar, advanced options for auto-refreshing (both of them) have no effect on this.

1 answer

0 votes
James Spielvogel June 6, 2018

I rolled back to version 2.3.5 and I'm sticking with it indefinitely.  Higher versions like 2.6.3 are completely screwed thanks to whoever decided it would be a good idea to completely unload tabs when switching between tabs.  THIS IS AS BAD AS IF YOUR WEB BROWSER DID THIS.  Can you imagine if every time you clicked on a different tab you had open, the screen was just white and completely loaded the page anew, losing wherever you were, and taking like 2 to 5 seconds before you even see anything?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events