Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get SourceTree to refresh in RealTime

Ross Robinson November 2, 2017

I have had SourceTree for about a month or 2 now and i was playing around with the settings trying to get it to update in real time so when someone else working on the project changes something or yourself changes something you can see it instantly not having to wait a certain amount of time to refresh or manual refresh it. i also have went into the settings and made sure that it refreshes in background and refreshes when files change but even with everything set up to refresh almost instantly there is still a wait period or you cant see anything till you refresh it yourself. My team and i just want to have it updating in real time so when we save something and are sure it works it shows up on source tree and we can push it to the others and it shows up on there's right away as well...... if anyone could help thank you !

2 answers

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

We have file watching improvements in the 2.4.x beta. Please give it a try (Sourcetree Betas) and let us know if you are still encountering significant latency.

Ross Robinson November 22, 2017

okay perfect i will give it a try right when i can just don't want to update it un-till lead programmer gives the okay i just let him no and everything though so hopefully he will want to try it out as well! but if he doesnt i will try it on my home computer and let you no how it is working.

Ross Robinson November 22, 2017

Oh and thank you for your reply hopefully this will solve the real time update problem so we can see each others updates right away.

0 votes
Ross Robinson November 2, 2017

Lowest i can get it down to is 1 minute if anyway to get it lower please let me no :P 1 min isn't bad though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events