How do I configure editor used by Log / Open Selected Version?

When I select Open Selected Version on an html file, the file opens in my default browser. How do I configure SourceTree to open html files in a text editor?

2 answers

I believe it just uses your operating system's program association for that file.

Seth's comment is correct, it uses the OS default.

But a more complete answer is you can also customize the default behavior for non-default editors through Tools > Options > Custom Actions. In theory at least, because with v1.9.10.0 it doesn't work too well because my editor remains in the background. But that's better than nothing, if you can't change the system default (can be inconvenient for HTML, for example). In my experience you have to restart SourceTree for this to take effect, by the way (the program doesn't inform you of that, which made me waste time on pointless "troubleshooting").

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

570 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you