How do I clone in SourceTree using HG/HTTPS from BitBucket?

sheam March 19, 2015

Hello,

When I click the 'Clone in SourceTree' button on bitbucket, it always tries to clone using SSH. I have stopped using SSH (for performance reasons).  

image2015-3-19 9:13:0.png

When I click this button, SourceTree tries to clone in SSH, which fails, as I no longer have .ssh keys, or pageant running.

How can I make sourcetree default to HTTPS?

~Shea M.

It works, it is just annoying when I have to do it many times a day, as I setup new machines for developers, etc.

Is this the wrong channel ask for help on SourceTree? 

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

You can copy the HTTPS link into the Clone Repository dialog.

sheam March 19, 2015

My co-workers who have never used SSH, are able to clone using HTTPS, by just clicking that button. Are you telling me that once you have used SSH with SourceTree you are never able to go back to HTTPS?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

I'm not sure. I've only ever used SSH, and I don't need to clone very often (I work with a few repositories, but they're already all cloned). Is there a specific reason why copying the link doesn't work for you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events