It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Git Credential Manager for Windows Popups in v3.0.6

I see other older posts regarding this, but after updating to v3.0.6 recently, I am getting VERY frequent prompts to enter credentials for an old stash (Bitbucket Server) URL that is no longer in existence. I cannot find any place where the URL to this old server is referenced. None of my repos in SourceTree reference it and the Authentication tab in Options does not reference it.

Prior to updating to v3.0.6 I was not getting this prompt. I am currently using embedded Git. 

Where should I look to get rid of this reference?

2 answers

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Oct 22, 2018

Hi

Can I ask how you know it is referring to an old Stash instance? The GCM does not usually show information about the remote host, one of its more frustrating aspects.

It shows the URL on the dialog. 

image.png

I did find a reference to this URL in the local passwords file:

%localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\passwd

I removed the entry from this file, but that has not stopped the prompt from appearing.

So I updated to v3.0.8 today, and in addition to the dialog above I am also getting this dialog:image.png

Another question is where did the v3.0.x versions come from? According to the SourceTree download page, the latest release for Windows is v2.6.9.0

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Nov 07, 2018

Hi 

An updated GCM has been released which fixes an issue which is one cause of these frequent popups.

https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases/tag/1.18.3

I'd strongly recommend up grading

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you