Fps drop

dquaglio92 February 22, 2019

Hi, I know the title is strange. When I open and focus SourceTree, the fps drop significantly, from 144 to 7/8 fps. 
The operations like pulling or pushing are not slow or anything, but the whole interface and system become unstable and laggish. The mouse itself moves jerkily and it's pretty annoying.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
blueblau March 18, 2019

I found a solution to my problem. It was because G-sync was enabled. The same issue was present on Spotify so I searched their community pages, and found this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Low-Frame-Rate-with-Desktop-App/td-p/4617800

... my solution is somewhat this, I just disabled G-sync when using these two apps.

dquaglio92 March 18, 2019
dquaglio92 March 19, 2019

Well, this is what I would call a workaround, not a real fix.. I would expect an application to keep working as intended even with Gsync enabled.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Josiah Conrad September 3, 2022

Unfortunately Blueblau's answer didn't work for me. What's more is my entire development suite was behaving this way. This is what ended up fixing it for me:

1) Close the applications having issues.
2) Right click the shortcut > properties > Compatibility tab
3) Check 'Disable fullscreen optimizations'.
4) Apply > Ok > Cross your fingers and relaunch applications.

If that doesn't work, it may be worth trying to run it in compatibility mode as well. I know that's fixed some application issues I've had in the past. 

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi @dquaglio92,

What version are you using and on what platform?

Thanks,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree 

dquaglio92 February 26, 2019

Hi, I'm on windows 10 and the version of SourceTree is 3.0.17.2659

Like AKrizan likes this
blueblau March 17, 2019

Came here from a Google search. Fresh install and experienced this exact same issue, immediately after logging in for the first time (with Google). My SourceTree version is 3.0.17. Don't know the exact build number.

Sluggish mouse movement when application is in focus. Fine when in background. CPU isn't affected. Seems to be only the mouse cursor that is.

My machine:
Windows 10
ASUS Nvidia GTX 1080ti
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 DC RAM 
Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Like AKrizan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events