Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl-enter to commit and discard vs revert in the last release 3.4.16 windows version

manos December 16, 2023

how can we get back the ctrl-enter to commit? I just installed the latest version and it seems missing

also not a fan of "revert", I think "discard" was more descriptive of the operation, you are discarding the changes, revert is confusingly similar to git revert which does a different thing and creates a new commit

I think both changes are a regression (to the worse) - I understand people like to innovate but maybe in this case it is not for the better, if possible put them back please, thanks

13 answers

2 accepted

18 votes
Answer accepted
Kimmo Keskinen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2023

Seconding this! It's such a bother to use mouse to get focus into the commit message field, then press Ctrl+Enter and nothing happens, then move back to mouse to go click a tiny commit button that I always had a good shortcut for.

Sudden new changes in keybinds or changing the purpose of existing keybinds in a hard-coded way as suprises in releases sounds like a really good reason to prioritize getting customized shortcuts into SourceTree, please.

manos December 21, 2023

Thanks Kimmo, 💯

CodeSmile December 26, 2023

Seconded!

Aaaaand downgraded to 3.4.15 ... missing ctrl+enter on every commit is just too much of a nuisance.

Like manos likes this
Richard Eastwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Totally.  Pretty poor show on both counts.

9 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Moeller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 20, 2023

Also seconding this! 

I am super used to using ctrl+enter for committing, this is a very annoying change which I expect to be a bug?

Also I agree that "Revert" is confusable with the git operation of the same name and "Discard" was perfectly fine.

I normally don't post here, but this was bad enough to make me google this and sign up here, I hope you will take the feedback serious.

I will stay on v3.4.15 until this has been adressed, for anyone else previous versions can be found here: https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

manos December 21, 2023

Thanks Daniel, same here, my first post after the 20th time I tried to Ctrl-Enter to commit... also thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll go back to the .15 version as well for now..

Cheers

Like LavaFloor likes this
LavaFloor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 5, 2024

Same here @manos , just today I tried more then 30 times to use the Ctrl+Enter shortcut

Every time looking if my file where staged correctly, then try again realizing in the end I was forgetting to use the mouse... 

5 votes
Roman Orlov December 21, 2023

Commit via Ctrl+Enter was sooooo handy! Please return it as an option.

3 votes
Jerry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 5, 2024

Hi, guys.

Replace only two dlls from v3.4.15, you'll get ctrl + enter back. Did not notice any unstables. Worth trying.

SourceTree.Api.UI.Wpf.dll

SourceTree.Ui.FileListContainer.Split.Wpf.dll

Raimonds Linde
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 11, 2024

This is the best answer!

Just download SourceTreeSetup-3.4.15.exe and extract it with 7zip twice.

Like Austin Hillyard likes this
3 votes

If you are missing ctrl+enter as dearly as I was, downgrade to the 3.4.15 version here:

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-3.4.15.exe

With this version you can commit with ctrl+enter.

3 votes
EasyAi Studio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 23, 2023

why would they remove ctrl+enter! SourceTree has made some serious mistakes in recent times

2 votes
manos December 30, 2023

I went with the downgrade in the end, happy to report it works well. Fingers crossed for the next release the issue to be addressed so we can finally upgrade, 

thanks all for the input and happy new year!

1 vote
岡本 朋之 December 23, 2023

SourceTree has become very inconvenient.
Please revert this shortcut change.

0 votes
jfjcn April 24, 2024

I second the above - why would you remove this shortcut?

0 votes
Kajetan Sonnleitner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 20, 2024

Please revert.
Extra mile: allow costumizing (and disabling) shortkeys for the user.

0 votes
belchev January 29, 2024

Same here, please reverse! It was very useful.

0 votes
Mike P January 25, 2024

I really miss ^Enter.

I like "revert"; I think it makes SourceTree easier to learn.

0 votes
Kieron McIntyre January 9, 2024

I know it's not the same but I've ended up hitting tab 3x insted of downgrading.

Please, please revert this change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events