Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install SourceTree on Windows 7 (LogIn Error)

Mirabeau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2017

Hi !
(Sorry for my bad english)

i would like to use bitbucket.org, so i create a account with my address Email
I can access to the dashboard etc...

Next !

I download the tools from sourcetreeapp.com and try to install it.
(I'm under Windows 7 64bits whitout Any problem at all)
The problem come in... from the install

On the screen install i have 2 choices:
1/ Use a existing account
2/ Go to "My Atlassian"

When i try "2/" i go to a page where i see a Licence Number with my address Email use to create the account on "bitbucket.org"

When i try "1/" and entered the same Email / Password from "bitbucket.org" the application answer me "Oops, you've made a malformed request"
Hups !

So, i try to Log In directly to "www.atlassian.com" with same Email / Password... and i can log in !! i got well my profile account (use it to write this post).

I try to reset my password, receive a email, and change password.
But on the install screen i always get the same message error.

To Resume...
- With the same Email / Password i can LogIn on "www.atlassian.com" and on "bitbucket.org"

- With the same Email / Password on installation of "Source Tree" i can access to "My Atlassian" Licence PageWeb,

-With the same Email / Password i CAN't login to my account from the install software "SourceTree" -> "Oops, you've made a malformed request"

So, No i don't make a "Malformed Request", i only want to install a "simple" software

And Now.. what can/must i do more ?!

Thank's 

1 answer

1 vote
Mirabeau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2017

Do not bother giving me a hand ...
I read a lot about the problems (random or not) of use on different services of Atlassian, and I think it is better (for my part) to turn to something else.

Note to Atlassian Managers (if you read...): Installing a Tool is the first "contact" with a new service.
If from the beginning, problems arise, it is not a good signal for the minimum confidence necessary to the discovery of your services.

I can not engage my company in an adventure that starts so badly.

Good luck !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events