Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I filter SourceTree's log view by branch?

Rob Wright September 9, 2014

I really like SourceTree, and it has comfortably taken the place of TortoiseHG for managing my HG repositories.  For the first time I even trust a GUI to perform my commits, pushes and pulls (previously I insisted on doing this via command line).

The one feature I really feel is missing is the ability to filter the log view by branch.  I know you can select "Current branch", to only show commits from the current branch, but I often need to see all commits made against other branches, and it's usually not convenient/possible to switch branch in order to do this.

It's the one feature I still go back to TortoiseHG for.  Crack this and I'm all yours!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Hey Rob,

In the Windows version you can't right now. I did this on the Mac version when I had some spare time a couple of years ago but it was one of those features Windows users no-one requested. There's one request sitting somewhere in JIRA right now that has an assigned version from what I recall. It is super handy to be able to see the log for just that one branch and nothing else, otherwise you can be looking at useless commits on other branches.

Here's the issue which you can vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1231

Cheers

Excellent, thanks Kieran. I'm really impressed with the community here. I've voted for your request.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

I asked for this indirectly - there's a long outstanding promised alignment of features in SrcTreeMac with SrcTreeWin (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/188551/main-differences-between-sourcetree-for-win-and-for-mac)

sglienke March 19, 2019

Will there ever be happening something with this feature? Are you even keeping track of tickets with a reasonable number of upvotes to prioritize them?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

2014-09-10 13_01_20-SourceTree.pngUnfortunately not possible. The only filters for branches which are available is "All branches" or "Current Branch" ....

-----

Edit: Ooops - you already wrote this. Should have read your question until the end

0 votes

Is it possible to add this feature?  I think it would help attract a lot more people who are currently using Tortoise Workbench.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

As I'm not involved with Atlassian I cannot answers this question. Fell free to make a feature request at [https://jira.atlassian.com/]

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

If you do create a feature request, post a link here (and accept it as a correct answer) so others can find it and vote for it.

Rob Wright September 10, 2014

Thanks for the help guys

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events