Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3K outstanding commits, all are metadata, can't commit and push it back to the repository. gitlab

Rio Lloyd July 16, 2019

so our environment artist has came on the gitlab repository, and is new, it suddenly says he has over 3K outstanding commits, but he cant commit any of them. and cant commit or push it back to the repository for all to use.

in his words:

"I can't get the repository to work basically. I have the project but can't commit and push it back to the repository for everyone to useOh and it says there are like 3k outstanding commits which is all meta data but won't let me commit them anyway"

and

" I have made changes on the branch I created (I hope anyway) made a new scene, added assets and saved the project in unity. Now...... It still says over 3k commits but now if I click commit it says there is nothing to commit..... I have clicked push though no idea if that will do anything. Read the tutorials but still none the wiser on this stuff to be honest, the examples just to different things to what I see on my screen"

any help is really appreciated!

we are using unity to develop our game if that helps.

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hi @Rio Lloyd,

A few questions:

1. What version of Sourcetree is in use and on what platform?

2. Does it work from the command line?

3. Are they using HTTPS or SSH to connect?

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events