Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.9.6.0 crashes on start

Lars Nymand August 7, 2016

Source tree crashes on startup after updating to version 1.9.6.0 on Windows 8 64-bit.

I have tried to repair, uninstall+install (both with and without admin permissions)

It asks me to send in the report, but I can't find any details on why it crashes or if others have the same issue?

Only other thread I found was some Windows 10 issue where the 1.9.6.0 version fixed that issue. Maybe this fix made a bug for Win 8?

Any idea how to fix this? or do the previous version exists somewhere for download?

Thank you in advance

4 answers

0 votes
Shane Wright October 14, 2016

I have the same issue (crashes on launch) with 1.9.x on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit. I had to go back to 1.8.3 in order to get a working version...

0 votes
M N August 8, 2016

Uninstall 1.9.6, download 1.9.5 using link below, and install 1.9.5. It seems like it kept all my settings and repos after uninstall/install of older version.

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/windowsupdates.txt

Looking at the page, it appears there is now a 1.9.6.1. Maybe that fixes it too...

0 votes
fishmi August 8, 2016

Same here, Version 1.9.6. no longer starts, Windows 10 64 Bit, no Aniversary Update.

I can't continue to work, what kind of crap.

0 votes
M N August 8, 2016

My problem may not be the same issue, but, after upgrading to 1.9.6 on Windows10 64-bit, it crashes every single time I try to switch to "Working Copy" view. Perhaps if that was where I had been last time I closed, it would be crashing immediately on startup. Repair didn't fix it. I had to uninstall and downgrade to 1.9.5.

This is the second time an upgrade to SourceTree has made it completely unusable. From now forward, I'm going to be very gun-shy of applying SourceTree updates. Somebody's agile development process looks to be a little too "agile" and needs to focus a bit more on QA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events