1.9.6.0 crashes on start

Source tree crashes on startup after updating to version 1.9.6.0 on Windows 8 64-bit.

I have tried to repair, uninstall+install (both with and without admin permissions)

It asks me to send in the report, but I can't find any details on why it crashes or if others have the same issue?

Only other thread I found was some Windows 10 issue where the 1.9.6.0 version fixed that issue. Maybe this fix made a bug for Win 8?

Any idea how to fix this? or do the previous version exists somewhere for download?

Thank you in advance

4 answers

My problem may not be the same issue, but, after upgrading to 1.9.6 on Windows10 64-bit, it crashes every single time I try to switch to "Working Copy" view. Perhaps if that was where I had been last time I closed, it would be crashing immediately on startup. Repair didn't fix it. I had to uninstall and downgrade to 1.9.5.

This is the second time an upgrade to SourceTree has made it completely unusable. From now forward, I'm going to be very gun-shy of applying SourceTree updates. Somebody's agile development process looks to be a little too "agile" and needs to focus a bit more on QA.

Same here, Version 1.9.6. no longer starts, Windows 10 64 Bit, no Aniversary Update.

I can't continue to work, what kind of crap.

Uninstall 1.9.6, download 1.9.5 using link below, and install 1.9.5. It seems like it kept all my settings and repos after uninstall/install of older version.

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/windowsupdates.txt

Looking at the page, it appears there is now a 1.9.6.1. Maybe that fixes it too...

I have the same issue (crashes on launch) with 1.9.x on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit. I had to go back to 1.8.3 in order to get a working version...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot