There are many basic issues with SourceTree that we keep noticing. For example:
1) sometimes I have to close and re-open SourceTree or switch between branches to properly see outstanding count for Push / Pull (red numbers) in the top bar
2) to cancel a merge in progress is not clearly visible
3) the UI does not easily show that there is merge or rebase in progress. The top bar should show the operation in progress with buttons to continue or cancel that operation
4) It takes too long for the UI to refresh to show a new state of the local branches e.g. after adding files or making change in git console. Need to do View -> Refresh often
5) When I delete a feature branch locally and remotely, having the same repo cloned on another PC, I can still see that feature branch in a list of Remotes -> Origin (left sidebar) even after refresh and only if I run Fetch with Prune tracking branches will remove it from the Remotes list.
Can these all be fixed before more advanced features are being worked on for SourceTree ?
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs