Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is tracking option in Source Tree checkout branch

David McClurg February 25, 2013

In Source Tree, when I checkout a remote branch, where is the option to setup tracking so I can commit to my local branch?

2 answers

3 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

By default master is checked out on clone.

To check out any remote branch as a local branch, double-click on the remote branch either in the log or in the sidebar under Remotes > YourRemote > remotebranch, and you can checkout a local branch from it. If the local branch is already there, you can double-click on the local branch again in the log or the sidebar to check it out.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Also if you already have a local branch and want it to track a different remote branch, right click on your local branch in the sidebar then use the Track Remote Branch submenu to pick what to track. This tracking is set up by default when you checkout a remote branch as a new local branch though.

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

Hi David,

I've reported a feature request for you here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1439

Cheers

David McClurg March 13, 2013

Thanks Kieran. I think it's more of a tracking branch issue rather than a commit issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events