Where is the documentation for SourceTree for Mac?

john van strien June 10, 2013

In PDF form? The on-line Help does not answer my questions. Right now I am looking for the meaning of the icons in the File Status View.

Thanks!

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2013

All the status icons have tooltips, so you can hover your pointer over them for a couple of seconds to see what they mean.

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2013

Apologies John!

• Green means nothing has changed and the file is tracked dependent on what view setting you have.
  • Orange/yellow means the file has been modified
  • Red means the file has been deleted from Git
  • Grey means the file is missing

Hope that helps!

Abhimanyu March 4, 2016

Thanks Kieran. I was exactly looking for this smile

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

Hi John,

It's in the Help menu called "SourceTree Help".

Hopefully that's what you're looking for.

Cheers

0 votes

Thanks, Kieran and Steve. Steve, before posting my question, I tried hovering my mouse over the icons for what seemed to me long enough to display a tooltip and did not see any. Now they come up.

0 votes

Kieran, read my original question. The on-line help does not contain that information

0 votes

Otherwise, SourceTree is a great product. Thanks!

0 votes
David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

I don't think there is any documentation for the icons on the File Status View, nor any PDF download of the entire help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events