How to create multiple cards in Greenhopper without touching the mouse?

Chas Emerick August 4, 2011

What I'd like to do is be able to create many issues of a similar type in rapid-fire fashion without touching the mouse. From a UI standpoint, FogBugz get this just right, and I'd like to be able to produce issues with the same amount of ease in JIRA.

Looking at the keyboard shortcut reference, Ctrl-S is said to submit the current form; from greenhopper's Create Card dialog, Ctrl-S does submit the form, but via the "Create and Close" button. I want a keyboard shortcut to trigger the "Create" button, so I can go on in writing out the summary of the next issue, etc.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2011

Keep an eye out for GreenHopper 5.8 with a new create dialog on the Rapid Board. You'll have a checkbox to keep the create dialog open, so when you Ctrl-S to submit it will return to the dialog until you close it or uncheck the box.

Thanks Chas,

Nicholas Muldoon

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2011

This is now available in GreenHopper 5.8 on the Rapid Board.

Suggest an answer