How do I use calculated number fields in Greenhopper?

Andreas Walsh January 24, 2012

Hi,

I've created a calculated number field (JIRA Misc Custom Fields) which I had hoped to use in my planning in Greenhopper.

However, it does not appear anywhere in greenhopper. How do I use calculated number fields in Greenhopper, preferably as a statistic?

If this is not possible then is the easiest way to get a calculation like that to do something like:

- create a number field for the calculation

- create a sql script to populate the field (run at regular intervals as appropriate)

- re-index after each update

This would seem quite straight forward but could be messing up data through direct DB manipulation (running on Oracle).

If this is not the best way would would be the recommendation?

thanks!

Robert

2 answers

1 vote
Johannes Seyfried April 16, 2014

Problem still exists in JIRA Agile. Can't add any of the Calculated fields to the Issue Detail View on my Boards. Anyone found a featurerequest for this?

AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

This was super helpful. I was trying to decide between writing a new plugin as a CalculatedCFType field vs. a NumberCFType field.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

Are you not able to add the field to the Card view for the issue type in Greenhopper?

Andreas Walsh January 26, 2012

Unfortunately no. It does not appear anywhere in Greenhopper.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2012

Is it apprearing while trying to create the issue directly in jira, (i mean not using the greenhopper).

Andreas Walsh January 26, 2012

Yes. The field appears fine in JIRA.

Ganesh Gembali April 11, 2012

I am also facing similar problem. Seems greenhopper doesn't allow us to use calculated fields in any view.

Suggest an answer