I want to stop pages in a space from being accessed in Search, but still available for their images

LightWave Docs June 2, 2016

My Confluence wiki, the first I've made, has been a sequence of learning exercises. As such, I have older pages that were made as imports from InDesign pages and largely reworked in Confluence. My problem is that these imports contain images that I expected to be moved to the edited pages, but are only referenced from these original imports. This means I can't just delete the imports, or move them to a different space, because then the images break in the edited pages. So, I need a way to either repatriate these images to the new pages or I'd like to find a way to hide the original imports from any searches that users do (right now, it's beta users that have an account, but once the software is released it will be for users of our application without a login).

As an example, users searching for HyperVoxels find not only current references, but also references to the original import pages. I would like to restrict the searches to only new references to HyperVoxels.

Thanks for help in advance,

B

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2016

The "links" shouldn't break if you delete the original; the images will remain in the space when they are copied to a new page and the original is deleted.

LightWave Docs June 12, 2016

That doesn't seem to be true for me. Killing pages also kills the links. And if I have to copy each image over that will be a long and laborious nightmare.Especially since Confluence has no multiple page functions. Everything has to be done piecemeal.

B

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events