When setting up email alerts how do I filter it by a specific subject?

Brent Landon April 12, 2022

Coming from the pagerduty world I know I can set pagerduty to look for specific information in the email subject to trigger the alert. I don't see this option in opsgenie. I see an area to add a name, and value, but no area to filter by email information like subject being a specific set of characters to ignore erroneous emails.

2 answers

2 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hi @Brent Landon ,

Sounds like your plan might be limited to this functionality. Under the Standard and Enterprise plans, each integration offers an Advanced tab where you can filter on the subject, along with what should/not trigger an Opsgenie alert:

em1.jpgem2.jpg

If your Opsgenie is under trial, Owners can upgrade the trial for free to test other plan functionality. This can be done under the Quick Start Guide tab. Otherwise open a ticket with Opsgenie support, and we can help upgrading the trial from our end: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi Brent,

are you setting up an email integration? if so here is an example...

2022-04-12_16-58-08.jpg

If I have missed the mark here please let me know.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

note as my answer made an assumption on your tier that Nick clearly explains.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events