Splunk integration

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

I'm not at all familiar with Splunk, but one of my teams wants to integrate it with OpsGenie. I can see that there's the option on the OpsGenie side to create a Splunk integration, but they are looking at this support doc

and insisting that they need to install both the OpsGenie side integration and an app in Splunk. Admittedly the document is not clear on it; my thought is that you only need to install the app in Splunk if you want to be able to manually create an OpsGenie alert from within the Splunk UI.

Can someone clarify?

1 answer

0 votes
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2022

Hello @Esther Strom 
Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community!

Please note: Opsgenie supports a bidirectional integration setup with Splunk.
You can configure the Splunk configuration using an Opsgenie app installed within the Splunkbase. The same is discussed in the document in the Splunk configuration section. This step will establish the connection between Opsgenie and Splunk accordingly.

As you have rightly said this will allow you to manually create alerts in Opsgenie based on the search queries in Splunk. 

And if you are trying to configure Splunk cloud and your requirement is to deliver events to your Splunk Cloud instance from Opsgenie. Then yes without the need of installing APP you can further proceed with Splunk cloud configuration. The same has been discussed in the documentation

I hope this clarifies your query :) Please let us know if you have any further questions. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events