Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Team name description

William Butt March 15, 2022

Hello,

We were looking to utilize the Description field on the teams to put in the support products for the team.

I have noticed that the character count for the Description field is 200... is there any way to get this expanded to be... 500 characters?

Thanks

WilliamOpsgenie Team Description.png

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hi @William Butt ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. :)

Understand that you would like to know a way to add the Team Description over 200 characters.

In the current design, the maximum length for the Team Description is 10000 characters according to our API Documentation.

Hope this is helpful. 

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

William Butt March 16, 2022

I just tried putting more that 200 characters into the description, saved it and when I rechecked it, it only kept 200 characters.

Any ideas?

Are you indicating that I have to somehow use API in order to get this reach 1000 characters?

Thanks

Bill

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hi @William Butt ,

Thanks for pointing that out and I can replicate this issue on my side.

I have raised a bug ticket on your behalf, OPSGENIE-275, please browse it and set yourself as a Watcher to receive the up-to-date news.

Thank you very much again for your help in improving Opsgenie and sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has brought.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

William Butt March 16, 2022

Hey @Darryl Lee

Thank you very much for letting me know that it wasn't just me then :)

Appreciate the update here and the defect ticket created. I will keep an eye on this as recommended.

Thanks again!

William

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2022

Hey @William Butt ,

No problem at all!

It's all my pleasure to help you out!

Have a great day and enjoy using Opsgenie. 😄

Stay safe!

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

William Butt March 18, 2022

Hey @Darryl Lee

I noticed that the Defect ticket was closed out as the documentation was in error and that the limitation is actually 200 and not 1000.

So my next step would be to ask if I can get an Enhancement to get the Character Limitation for Description set to 1000 or even 500?

Thanks

William

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2022

Hi @William Butt ,

Yes, you are correct.

The ticket was to align the information on our documentation.

To address this need for increasing the character length of the Team Description field, I raised this one, OPSGENIE-296, instead.

Sorry that I didn't make it clear at the very beginning.

Please vote for this ticket and set yourself as the Watcher to receive the latest update.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

Allister Scicluna July 4, 2023

Is there a particular strategy to archive old Opsgenie teams? For example, adding ZZZ in front puts teams within the team tab last of the list. Is there any better-adopted practice used? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events