Required field Components is not shown when creating issue for all types except Epic

Stas Zhylnikov December 27, 2022

Hello

For one of the projects with existing Components Required field Components is not shown while creating issues for all issue types except Epic. Issue will never be created.

Please advise
image.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

Someone has unfortunately made the field required and field configuration screen scheme that your project is using does not expose the field for the create screen. The question is should the Field be added or should be required option be removed altogether? Generally speaking components is it a required field.

Can you first verify if the field configuration is set to required? The image below illustrates where this is set under admin/issues/field configuration and select your config. if it shows "Optional" where I highlighted "Required" then someone set it to required.

2022-12-27_11-42-10.jpg

Stas Zhylnikov December 28, 2022

Thank you very much!
For some users it helped, for some not
image.pngimage.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

Hi @Stas Zhylnikov ,

sorry, I'm unsure what I am looking at here. There is not enough context for me to assess. Are you saying that you now have Components on the Create screens for some users and not others? Can you share more details? Also the cropped screenshots are not providing sufficient info. Where is the Create being done? The top images seem to be executed from a different location. I find the "Create multiple issues from table" interesting. I don't recall seeing this previously. Maybe something new that I have not seen, or something I simply have missed, or something related to an addon. 🤔 

Stas Zhylnikov December 28, 2022

Sure. All issues in all cases I am trying to create in Confluence - right click on highlighted text and create issue. The problem that sone users see Components field in that case - some no. 

If give more details - some issue types in some projects (Epic, Bug, Task) have this field, but some Story in that case - no. (please see screenshots)image.pngimage.png
image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events