user generated by ldap auth, set name to "last name, name"

hi,

we want to do an authentification for users via ldap (local user directory with ldap auth). since it is easier to find a user by his last name we set the user name to "lastName, name".

Is there any way to configure this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

You need to configure the displayName attribute in your LDAP server... I don't think embedded crowd has the facility to create the display name from a template.

If displayName in your ldap server is "first last" perhaps you can persuade the ldap admins to add a new attribute which is in your preferred format, then you use that instead of displayName.

Once done this will work for new users, then you need to change all the display names in the internal directory.

hi,

thank you for your answer. We can't change the information of this ldap server because it's used for other purposes, too. I can try to get an own ldap schema...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,935 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot