confluence

luvo September 28, 2016

How to limit a group of people from seeing every space on confluence. I want these people to view just one space not every space. I have tried the page restriction but it didnt help

1 answer

0 votes
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

If you already have a bunch of spaces and default permissions but now you want to bring on a team member who can only access certain spaces, this is the best method I've found for achieving this in 2016:

1. Create a new group for this type of person via User Management / Groups
  2. Add the "can use" permission to the new group via Confluence Administration / Global Permissions
  3. Give this group access to the space(s) you want via Space / Space Tools / Permissions
  4. Now create your new user via User Management and remove them from the default confluence-users group and instead add them only to the new group you created above.

Now you have a new user who belongs to a new group and that group gives them access to Confluence but only to the space you defined. It's still quite a few steps and you have to jump all over the admin areas but it gets the job done smile

Suggest an answer