Why my name sometimes does not load in comments?

Miro December 23, 2019

Someone has mentioned me in a comment in a JIRA issue.

If I load the isssue from the Issues and filters:

https://<company>.atlassian.net/browse/ABC-123?focusedCommentId=13067&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel 

... then instead of seeing my name, it just shows:
[~accountid:5de4decccdc2d20d0537....]

But if I load the same issue with a direct link alone:

https://<company>.atlassian.net/browse/ABC-123

... then it eventually replaces that text with a hyperlink with my name:
miro

Looks like a bug in JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2019

Hello Miro,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I would like to confirm in what "view" this is happening. On Jira Cloud, there is the old issue view and the new issue view and when using classic projects we can use both and also they have different editors which may cause this issue.

Can you please let us know if your username shows as [~accountid:5de4decccdc2d20d0537....] on the new or old issue view?

Regards,
Angélica

Miro December 30, 2019

New Jira issue view

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2019

If you are using a Classic project, please go to Project settings > Fields > Screenshot 2019-12-31_09-07-32-755.pngand confirm if the renderer of the comment field is Wiki Style Renderer.

If possible, send us a screenshot of the comment where the mention was showing the ID instead of the full name.

Miro January 9, 2020

Yes, I can confirm that the renderer is Wiki Style Renderer.

It does not render if there are the query string parameters in the URL.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 08.46.11.png

The same issue page renders OK if I load the issue using a direct link and there are no query string parameters in the URL.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 08.47.42.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

Thank you for the screenshots. 

I see that the views are different. The one that shows the ~accountid is the old issue view and the one that works is the new view.

I tested using a next-gen and classic project but I couldn't replicate the issue.

As both views are different, I would like to confirm if it's a next-gen project, because if it shows both views for the same issue, the Jira Labs on your profile must be disabled and it usually only happens when using a next-gen project.

Also, I see that there are some add-ons on your site, do you remember if the issue was happening before using one of them?

Is this happening with all users on all tickets?

Would it be possible to check if this issue happens on other projects?

Miro January 14, 2020

Thank you for looking into this.

The project where I've seen this first is a classic project.

Unfortunately I don't know if the issue was happening before enabling the add-ons.

It's happening for all users on all tickets.

The issue happens on other projects as well.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

Thank you for the details, Miro.

We tried to replicate the issue here but when viewing the ticket on the old or new view, the @mention appears correctly.

Also, we searched for bugs and similar cases, but it was related to the renderer and in your case, you already confirmed that is the correct one.

To better investigate, the best option is to access the instance in order to replicate the issue.

Please, reach out to the site admin and ask them to raise a ticket with our support on support.atlassian.com.

If they allow, I can also create a ticket on their behalf and add you as a participant.

Suggest an answer