Why jira won't switch to software simplified workflow

Deleted user August 3, 2016

Hi, 

We had to use the simplified workflow for our single project kanban board.  When we clicked on the "simplified workflow" button,  we got the error that the board was already linked to another workflow.  So I find out that there was a "Software Simplified Workflow for Project MY PROJECT" workflow existing in JIRA.  So I manually change the workflow for that one.  Took a lot of precaution and did it.

But I realized that this is not the real simplified workflow that JIRA offer because I can't add status.  I can add columns thaugh.

Now if I click on the "simplified workflow" button again, I get this error message "Erreur - Il existe actuellement un flux de travaux «Software Simplified Workflow for Project LVERLR» actif. Cela est incompatible avec la gestion du flux de travaux simplifié Software. Veuillez renommer ou supprimer le flux de travaux existant avant d'essayer de convertir le projet La vie en rose (LVER) - Refonte 2015." and there is no way to troubleshoot it.

Can you help me with this case ?

We use JIRA hosted.

Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2016

Hey Martin, 

To fix this, you'll need to make a couple of changes to your project configuration. First, make a copy of your "Software Simplified Workflow for Project MY PROJECT" and associate that new workflow with your existing workflow scheme for your project. Once you've done that, go ahead and copy your workflow scheme that "MY PROJECT" is using. Once you've done that, associate the new workflow scheme with "MY PROJECT". Once you've done that, you should be able to go into the board configuration and click "Simplify Workflow".

Let me know if you've got questions!

Thanks,

Kian 

Deleted user August 3, 2016

Hi Kian,
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Things are going forward but now I have a new error message. After having followed your steps, when clicking on the "simplified workflow" button, I get this error message:

Erreur
The workflow is assigned to workflow schemes

Do you know what it means ?
Thanks!
Martin

1 vote
Deleted user August 5, 2016

Hi,

To everyone reading this post.  I finally resolved the situation concerning the error message "Erreur

The workflow is assigned to workflow schemes", the solution is in this thread :

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/229483

Regards,

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events