Why can't I open a New Tab to create an Issue from any Page?

In the Newest Jira Version, the Side Menu is easier to navigate, however, previously, no matter where I was in the menu, I could right click on 'ISSUES' and select the option to open in a New Tab or Window.

Today, I can only open to open a new issue. 

The reason this was helpful in the past was because I used other issues/tasks/Stories/Features etc. as a guide to ensure that for the many projects I work on, that I use the correct formats to enter issues as different Projects that I work on use different formats/descriptive information.

Thank you for your assistance

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Veronica,

If I understand your concern here is in regards to the Jira Cloud platform and the new interface for Jira not providing the same options as before.   However I believe you can still open a new tab from just about any page in this new Jira interface.   The changes though no longer have that old Issues button in the navbar in order to do this.

Instead you can first left click the Search (magnifying glass icon), then you can right click on the "View All Issues" to open that in a new tab if you like.  This will open the new tab to the issue search page.

The same is true if you need to create a new issue in a new tab, just first left click the + sign, then right click on the create new issue link there to open that in a new tab.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Andy Heinzer

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,301 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot