View Project only if you have assigned issue

csonel August 11, 2014

Hi,

There is a method to set the permission to view a project only if you have issue to which you are assigned? I tryed using set Curent Asignne to Browse Project and issue security, but they didn't offer what I want.

Thanks,

Claudiu

3 answers

1 vote
Claudiu SONEL August 12, 2014

Yes. I want user see the project only if there is an issue assigned to the user.

0 votes
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hi there,

you could create an issue security level that includes the assignee and any other group, user that you want.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

user will still see that project exists then

Like Oğuz Kağan Aslan likes this
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2014

If user can see the issue then the project exist for sure. Issues belong to projects.

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

There is a hidden option to do that;) But it is availible for standalone only.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission

Please follow the guide and you will get the needed browse permission.

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't get the problem properly. So you want to see the project exists only if there is an issue that is assigned to the user? Seems it is impossible to do without jira source code change.

Suggest an answer