Unable to Add and Edit Board Columns within a project

Ryan Lynch May 4, 2021

Do not have the "+" feature, and cannot edit names of the current boards under my JIRA Project types. why? 

1 answer

1 vote
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Ryan Lynch 

Can you please confirm if the project in which you are facing this issue is a Team managed project? If yes, can you share a screen shot of what you see on the board?

If it is a Company Managed project, you will not see the + and you need to go to the board settings.

Ryan Lynch May 4, 2021

It is a company managed project, where do I go and change that? I would like this feature across all of my projects.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

As I mentioned in my previous comment, you need to go to the Board Settings.

You would need to be a board administrator or should have proper permissions to access this.

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 3.07.38 PM.png

Ryan Lynch May 5, 2021

jira.png

Ryan Lynch May 5, 2021

I am the administrator on this entire space. I created it. but I cannot see the "board settings" tab. see image.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Hi @Ryan Lynch 

In order to be able to configure the board and any of its settings, you must be either:

a project administrator of the project where this board is located OR
a board administrator for the board itself

Please go to Project Settings> People and check your role. And assign yourself Administrator role if not assigned already.

Ryan Lynch May 6, 2021

I just made myself the project administrator, and still am not able to adjust these boards. I also am not aware of how to change this project to a "team managed project" instead of a "company managed project" like you mentioned above. Can you help me to make this change as well, thinking that this might be the last step to allow this?

Suggest an answer