Hi, 

We are considering to inegrated "Aha!" in our JIRA on Demand instnace. However, before doing it, we would like to make sure we do not destroy existing configuration. 

Is there a possibility to have something like a clone of our instance in where we can mess around as much as we want? something like a test environment, that we can role in paralel to our production instance.

If so, I assume that it is got an extra cost. Can you give me information or refer me to a document.

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

You can create a local instance using an Evaluation license to test this implementation before apply to your Cloud environment.

In case you need a license for a long time, you can contact the sales@atlassian.com and ask for a quote.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Andre 

Great idea, so I do not need to pay :)

0 vote

Two options:

1. Run a local copy yourself, if you're confident enough that the differences between Cloud and downloaded versions don't matter too much (I regularly work on a downloaded version and apply changes upwards, but I do have a lot of experience of the quirks - I'd only recommend this approach for admins who've got a bit of experience, not new-starters)
  2. As you suggest, get a second Cloud account

And two points about it...

1. You don't need the same number of users, unless you're load testing.  So you could have 500 users in production, and 500 in dev/test, but with 495 of them disabled in dev, so you remain below the 10 user licence limit
  2. This isn't really a migration doc as such, it's about "changing" the url.  But if you follow it, you'll see how you can create one cloud instance that's a copy of another (for download, it's similar, but you'll want to do a bit more reading before you try that).  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Changing+the+Cloud+Instance+URL+Address+or+Migrating+to+a+New+Cloud+Instance - and then don't do the "shut down old system" bit at the end!

Many thanks for your quick reply. The clarified all my questions :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

119 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you